Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dana White Says No GSP v. Penn 3 Anytime Soon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

On The Chances For GSP v. Penn 3

“In no way shape or form do I think Georges St. Pierre cheated or tried to do ‘this’ or ‘that.’ But his cornerman absolutely, positively rubbed Vaseline on him and absolutely [expletive] knew he was doing it. So his cornerman needs to reprimanded and dealt with.”

Finally, White was asked by Carmichael Dave whether he felt the infractions were enough to warrant a third fight between the two.

“Like I said, my opinion of the fight is that this guy absolutely, positively rubbed Vaseline on him when he didn’t have to do it. He didn’t have to rub Vaseline on him; GSP was winning that fight. I don’t see any need for a rematch.”

On The Win

“I think it’s legit,” he responded. “I don’t think that B.J. will deny that he lost to GSP. But there’s nobody that watched that fight that can deny that the cornerman didn’t rub Vaseline on GSP.”

“What sucks about this is he didn’t need to do it! GSP was winning the fight,” White stated. “Even if you want to talk about the ground, GSP was winning the standup too… And the guy rubbed Vaseline on him.”

On The Controversy

“Let me tell you what,” he began, before continuing, “I’ve been in this business for a long time, man, and when you’re around the fight game and you bump into the cornermen or whoever, and you shake their hand and they got Vaseline on ‘em… okay? They shake your hand and you’ got Vaseline on your hand and I’m like “[expletive]! The guy just got Vaseline all over my hand!"

“It doesn’t come off your hand until you wash it with soap and water. You just don’t wipe Vaseline off with a towel… it doesn’t work that way. The stuff stays on you and you stay slippery and you stay greasy until you wash it off with soap.”

“… The guy who is applying Vaseline to his face should not and cannot touch any other part of his body,” he said. “It’s illegal. It is absolutely illegal. And you see his cornerman rubs around his neck down onto chest, rubs his shoulders, then rubs his chest and back. That is 100 percent [expletive] illegal. Okay?"

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum