Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Van Persie plans Arsenal stay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Van Persie plans Arsenal stay Empty Van Persie plans Arsenal stay Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:37 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Robin van Persie insists he will still be at Arsenal next season and believes the club can win the UEFA Champions League.

Reports have claimed that Dutch striker Van Persie is stalling on signing a contract extension due to concerns over the Gunners' ability to win trophies.

Van Persie acknowledges he wants to add more medals to his collection, but

has vowed to stay at Emirates Stadium.

"Yes. I have a contract until 2011," Van Persie told the Observer when asked if he would be at Arsenal next year.

"It's hard to say anything about it (contract extension) now. But put it this way. I have a friend who says the grass always looks greener in your neighbour's garden. He is right."

Realistic
He added: "My ambitions are very, very high and, I think, realistic. I want to be at a level where, as a club, we are winning things, not just every four or five years, but one or two trophies each year.

"That's what I think this club has in its pocket.

"Some people might think my view is extreme, but that is what I want, and I want to do it here. I am not a guy who gives up. Otherwise I wouldn't be here."

Van Persie is disappointed Arsenal have not mounted a Premier League title challenge this season, but feels Arsene Wenger's side could enjoy success in Europe.

"Playing for a Champions League place is not enough," he continued. "It is not my target, but it is a target we have to take.

"It will mean the world to me if we fight again to win the title. It's not happening now, but we can do it if we give absolutely everything.

"We want to build something special for next year, but let's not forget this year can be special, too. From my heart, I still believe we can win the Champions League."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum