Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cech slams Scolari claims

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cech slams Scolari claims Empty Cech slams Scolari claims Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:36 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has hit back at claims made by former Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari that he had been instrumental in his sacking.

The Brazilian was axed by owner Roman Abramovich at the start of February with Scolari declaring the dissenting voices of Cech, Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba had contributed to his downfall.

But the 26-year-old has strongly denied such suggestions and insisted that the players did everything they could to improve the club's fortunes under the World Cup winner.

"We stayed with him and tried to help him," he told the News of the World.

"We helped both with our attitude and our performances on the pitch. But in the end he came out with such comments.

"I will say only one thing. Every time something similar to this happens there are always a lot of rumours and speculations.

"I was rather surprised that this came out from the coach because mostly managers stay together with their team.

Focus
"However I do not worry about it now. I just try to focus on my current performances to finish the season as well as we can."

Since the former Portugal boss' departure Chelsea have gone from strength to strength winning all their games under new manager Guus Hiddink.

One player in particular who has shone under the Dutchman is Drogba, who certainly seemed to be lacking confidence under his predecessor.

"Didier was unlucky with injuries at the beginning of the season," Cech added.

"It took more time to get back to his full physical condition. Also he was only coming on for the last 20 minutes.

"It was even worse for him than for me. But he has played full games in our last few matches and we all saw his contribution to the team."

Overall the Czech Republic international believes the change under the Russian national team boss has been a positive one.

"You can see the work we have done since the change of managers," he confirmed.

"Our team performance is back and I still believe we will finish higher than Liverpool."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum