Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mowbray brushes off job concerns

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mowbray brushes off job concerns Empty Mowbray brushes off job concerns Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:56 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

West Brom manager Tony Mowbray does not believe his Hawthorns job is under threat, despite the club's lowly Premier League placing.

Mowbray guided West Brom to promotion last season after winning the Championship title ahead of Stoke City with an 81-point haul.

The season before the Baggies missed out on promotion in the Championship play-off final following a 1-0 defeat to Derby at Wembley.

Mowbray is proud of his work at the club and believes with the resources he has that his job is not under threat, despite the fact that Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Everton has left them four points adrift at the foot of the table.

Same guy
"The bottom line is I'm the same guy who was doing the job last season," he told Sky Sports News.

"Winning the league; scoring 100-odd goals; the year before getting to the play-off final and scoring 100-odd goals.

"We've won as many games in the Premier League as this club has ever won in the Premier League.

"Do I worry about my job? No. I understand the club that I'm working at and the resources this club has within the Premier League.

"I enjoy my job. I enjoying coming in and trying to improve the players and I enjoy sitting on the bench watching my team compete in the Premier League week-in, week-out and giving a pretty good account of themselves."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum