Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabregas sets date for return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fabregas sets date for return Empty Fabregas sets date for return Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:25 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has set the home meeting with Manchester City on 4th April as a 'realistic' date to make his comeback from injury.

The Spain midfielder suffered knee ligament damage after a challenge with Liverpool's Xabi Alonso in the Premier League match at Emirates Stadium shortly before Christmas.

Fabregas has since returned to England after undergoing a rehabilitation programme in Barcelona and the 21-year-old is now putting the finishing touches on his recovery.

And, writing in his matchday programme notes before Saturday's 0-0 draw with Sunderland, the Gunners star has revealed he expects to be back in action in 'five or six weeks'.

"The doctors have told me that in the next 10 days or so I can start touching the ball again," he said.

Important
"The most important thing is working on my legs to build them up, which will take another three weeks or so. Hopefully, in five or six weeks I will be back playing.

"I am looking at the Manchester City game on 4th April as a realistic comeback date."

Fabregas, though, maintains he will not rush back into action unless he is completely match fit.

"The problem with this injury is that it is on my right knee and on the inside of the knee, and of course my game is a lot about passing," he added.

"I touch the ball 120 times per game, so all of the time I am using that leg.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum