Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nolan feels the frustration

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nolan feels the frustration Empty Nolan feels the frustration Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:34 pm

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Kevin Nolan has admitted that the past month has been one of the most frustrating in his career.

The 26-year-old joined Newcastle for £4million from Bolton in January but a sending-off in only his third game for the club against Everton meant he received a three-match ban.

The combative midfielder had to sit in the stands as his new side lost against his former club and Manchester United while they only picked up a point away at fellow strugglers Hull City.

Nolan returned to the team for Saturday's 3-1 home defeat to Arsenal and, despite slipping into the bottom three as a result, the Liverpool-born ace was just glad to be back.

"I have been walking around kicking the cat and headbutting walls," he said.

"It has been frustrating, really, as I'm at a new club. If you look at it in a positive way, it's given me time to get to know the lads, the staff and Newcastle as a city a bit more.

"I have got my house sorted, so I will be settled there in a few weeks. But I didn't want to be banned and sitting in the stands.

"I was just delighted to be back out there. At times I was huffing and puffing, which is always the case when you have missed games.

Match fitness
"You can work as hard as you like in training, but there's nothing that can help you regain match fitness apart from matches.

"You have to be out there, so it was great to get a game under my belt. There are a few aches and pains, but for me they are good aches and pains because it means I'm playing again."

Newcastle's Premier League survival chances received a boost with the return from injury of Habib Beye and Michael Owen .

The pair will be needed as the Magpies have one of the most difficult run-ins with Chelsea the third top-four side to visit St James' Park in a month immediately after the international break.

But it is the results against the likes of Stoke and Middlesbrough in the coming weeks which will determine their season.

"What we have to do when we don't pick up points is not get too down about it," added Nolan.

"The next game is always around the corner. We can't mope around, we have got to turn the corner."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum