Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Coleman Wants To Fight Stephen Bonnar At UFC 100

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

UFC legend Mark Coleman (15-9 MMA, 6-4 UFC) was once again linked to a potential fight with Stephan Bonnar (11-5 MMA, 5-4 UFC), this time by "The American Psycho" himself.

The two have been recently discussed in a potential bout for the historic UFC 100 on July 11 in Las Vegas.

"I've heard about the possibilities, but I haven't been offered the fight," Mark Coleman said.

While Bonnar did not specify whether he had already signed a bout agreement for the match-up, the 31-year-old suggested he was simply waiting on his opponent.

"A couple of weeks ago, talking with (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and my agent, they mentioned the fight and I said, 'Hey, I'm game. I like the fight,'" Bonnar said. "Really, I guess Coleman just has to get his contract in order, sign the papers, and then it will be set."

When informed of Bonnar's comments, Coleman said he hoped the fight would materialize.

"If that's the case, that sounds great and awesome to me," Coleman said. "I'll fight him today, but officially I haven't heard anything from Joe Silva.

"So, I accept. I hope it's true.

"UFC 100, that would be great - Stephan Bonnar, the whole deal. But I haven't been contacted by Joe yet and I haven't signed any papers. I'm ready to sign them. I just haven't been contacted. I'm hoping the rumors come true."

Bonnar said he felt the match-up would be a good one.

"It's a good fight, too, fighting a legend like [Coleman]," Bonnar said. "To be honest with you, I first saw him come on the scene years ago, and I said, 'This guy's a monster.'

"I remember Shone Carter asked me, 'Is there anybody you're afraid of?' This was in 2001 when I first started training, and I said, 'Yeah, I'm scared of Mark Coleman.' This will give me a chance to face my fears."

Should the bout be signed, both fighters will be looking to bounce back from losses. Bonnar dropped a unanimous decision to the fast-rising Jon Jones at UFC 94 in January, while Coleman suffered a third-round TKO loss at the hands of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 93 in the same month.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum