Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lyoto Machida—No Rest For The Wicked

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lyoto Machida—No Rest For The Wicked Empty Lyoto Machida—No Rest For The Wicked Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Ever since the last fight [against Thiago Silva, at UFC 94] I’ve only had 10 days of rest. I traveled, went to Hawaii, enjoyed time with my son and my family and as soon as I got back I started training again, awaiting the UFC’s position. That’s always what I do. I train because I like it. Even my wife complains: ‘Geez, you just finished a fight and you’re back at training already?’ But that’s what I like doing, putting on the gloves, training, both ground fighting and standing. I like it. So my preparations have already begun. "

"I know Rashad’s a super-strategic fighter, is good at wrestling, good at boxing, and hits real hard. But I’ve already fought a lot of guys like that. And this is just another fight for me. I can’t let myself think this is some seven-headed monster, I’m going to get out there and do my job. I think that’s what’s important. That’s the mentality that will make me stronger."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum