Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hiddink plans summer exit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hiddink plans summer exit Empty Hiddink plans summer exit Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 pm

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Guus Hiddink remains insistent that he will only be in charge of Chelsea until the end of the season.

The Russia coach is contracted to the Blues on an interim basis, having answered Roman Abramovich's call to step into the void created by Luiz Felipe Scolari's dismissal in February.

Dutchman Hiddink has made an impressive start to life at Stamford Bridge, going unbeaten through his first four games, and there are growing calls for his tenure to be extended.

A number of the club's senior stars have given their backing for Hiddink to be handed the reins on a full-time basis in recent weeks, but the experienced coach insists he still has every intention to walk away in the summer.

"They might change their minds about me when I put them on the bench or not even in the squad," he joked.

"But there is a good atmosphere of work here and we are very demanding of each other. If they are happy with the way we are working and it's going well with results it's all OK.

"I have been very happy not just with the regular starters but with all the other players, who I've been watching and observing. Everyone is committed.

"But I made it very clear a few weeks ago, and again recently, what the future will be after 30th May. I don't have to do that again."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum