Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Hasim Rahman A Force To Be Reckoned With In MMA?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

In a recent interview with FightHype.com, former Boxing heavyweight champion, Hasim Rahman comments on his move to the sport of mixed martial arts, and has some strong words for the Internet sensation formerly known as Kimbo Slice if given the opportunity.

Here are some of the highlights:

"All fights start standing up, which is my advantage. Kimbo would get knocked out trying to take me to the ground. A lot of people forget I was a street fighter before I became a boxer. I was so good at fighting on the street, people said you should start boxing."

FH: So you're making the move over the MMA. Is this something you have been thinking about for awhile?

HR: No. I am a fighter. I am open to all opportunities.

FH: Obviously you follow MMA to want to make this move. How long have you been a fan of the sport?

HR: I don't follow MMA, but it's obviously a force to be reckoned with. I am open to all fights

FH: When would you like to make your debut and have you talked with any organizations?

HR: Soon as someone is man enough to fight me. We are talking to a lot of organizations.

FH: Does this mean you're done boxing and will be fighting mixed martial arts full-time now?

HR: Absolutely not. I will entertain fights in either arena.

FH: Is there any possible way Kimbo stands and bangs with you for 15 minutes?

HR: He wouldn't have the heart to do something stupid like that.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]