Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Josh Koscheck Ready To Make 2009 His Best Year Ever

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

With wins over Dustin Hazelett, Chris Lytle and Yoshiyuki Yoshida, Josh Koschek had an impressive 2008 UFC campaign. Despite losing to Thiago Alves via unanimous decision, Koscheck still looks poised to make 2009 his most successful year to date.

Koscheck's first fight in 2009 is against Paulo Thiago at UFC 95 from the O2 Arena in London, England on Feb. 21.

"Right now I'm not focused on anything but training and fighting in London on UFC 95 and getting a victory there, commented Koscheck. "Then coming back home and getting back in the gym and getting ready for another fight."

"If anybody in the division is willing to step up and fight, I'm willing to accept the fight."

His 2009 Plans

"My plan this year, I want to fight at least five times this year. I think that would be ideal for me. I'm always in the gym. I'm always trying to train, and if anybody gets hurt, call Josh Koscheck because I'll step up and fight," said the 31-year-old fighter. "My goal is to fight five times this year. I don't care who it is. I don't care where it is."

His Experience In The Cage

"Every time you get in the cage you get more experience, you get more valuable time in that octagon. And honestly, in the first three years of my career, I didn't really have that much time in the octagon," said the top-five ranked welterweight. "I was pretty much a newbie, a fish out of water I would say. I really wanted to get as many fights as I possibly could. I think I have fifteen or sixteen fights with the UFC already, so now I'm starting to get in that rhythm. I'm starting to feel comfortable in there."

"I think it's just being familiar with being in the cage. From coming off the wrestling mat to just straight mixed martial arts was a huge adjustment," added Koscheck. "Now that I'm fighting as much as I can, I want to keep that roll going so I can keep improving every time I step into the cage."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum