Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sanchez Soon Set To Dominate 155lb Starting At UFC 95

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

With Diego Sanchez' move to 155 lbs, the former Ultimate Fighter season one winner appears set to dominate the division. His first text comes this weekend at UFC 95 in London when he faces off with the Ultimate Fighter season two winner, Joe Stevenson.

Below is what Sanchez had to say in an interview with MMAWeekly recently:

"I asked for Kenny Florian right out of the gate. They gave me Joe Stevenson, but it's all good. I can consider it a better fight beating Joe Stevenson," said Sanchez. "It's The Ultimate Fighter winner – the original Ultimate Fighter winner – season one versus season two Ultimate Fighter winner. We go back to King of the Cage days together and it's a great fight for me, I'm excited."

On His Fight Preparation

"Joe's a tough opponent, but I can honestly really say this is going to be another level right here for Joe Stevenson," Sanchez stated. "Something that he's never faced before."

"I want to go in there and I want to show my striking. I showed improvement for the Luigi (Fioravanti) fight. Everybody was impressed with the striking for the Luigi fight, and then for the Thiago (Alves) fight I really, really dedicated myself. I trained hard, and I came up short, getting injured two weeks before the fight. I made a lot of improvements in that camp also," Sanchez commented.

On How He'll Handle Stevenson's Strategy

"Now with Joe Stevenson, he's the perfect opponent for me to go in there and show my striking. I'm sure once he gets hit by some of my power, he's definitely going to try to take me down, but that's cool with me too cause the more he tries to take me down the more he's going to get tired. I know Joe's a great athlete, but I know he has not put the work in like me."

On Dropping The Weight

"In my opinion the fight is always in the training," said Sanchez. "This is going to definitely by far be the best Diego Sanchez, the best looking Diego Sanchez, the best trained Diego Sanchez, and definitely the most focused Diego Sanchez you'll ever see. It was a challenge to make the weight. It was just pure discipline."

What Fans Should Expect At UFC 95

"This is my rebirth. I was on my way to starting a legacy back when I was 19-0 and this is my rebirth for that Diego legacy," Sanchez said. "Not only am I going to make a statement the way I look, I'm also going to make a statement the way I fight."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum