Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Antonio Margarito & Manager's Licenses Revoked!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

At a disciplinary hearing today, the California State Athletic Commission has chosen to revoke former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito and his trainer Javier Capetillo.

After testifying he accidentally put illegal Capetillo testified that he accidentally put illegal pads into Margarito’s hand wraps prior to his bout with Shane Mosley.

“I committed a big mistake,” Capetillo said according to the LA Times. “I don’t want this young man to have problems. I’m here to cover any responsibility. I take full responsibility. I committed this innocent mistake.”

Last week, Margarito’s previous opponent Miguel Cotto commented to Fightnews.com on Margarito’s current plight.

“Margarito and his team are responsible for their acts,” said Cotto. “If they used the illegal handwraps or not was their decision. If it’s true they will have to face the consequences.”

CSAC Inspectors believed the pad inside Margarito’s hand wraps was “not hard as a rock, but firm and hard.”

Inspector Mike Bray testified that there was “a white substance smeared across the pad, like a cast plaster.”

The Commission continues to test other pads, such as those from Margarito's fight with Shane Mosley last month.

Both Margarito and Capetillo are currently on suspension pending the outcome of this case.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum