Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reds hierarchy plan future

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reds hierarchy plan future Empty Reds hierarchy plan future Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:30 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks is confident he will remain at Anfield for at least another five years, but is unable to vouch for the future of business partner George Gillett.

The American duo's time with the Reds has proved difficult since successfully taking over the Premier League club in February 2007.

Rumour has constantly suggested that Hicks and Gillett are willing to listen to offers to sell their stakes, with the latter reportedly the more eager to severe his ties.

A Kuwaiti investment consortium headed by the Al-Kharafi family has been linked with a bid for Liverpool, however, after seeing manager Rafa Benitez sign a new five-year contract, Hicks insists he is planning for the long term.

"Rafa is going to be here for the next five years and I know I am going to be here for the next five years," he told Sky Sports News.

Hicks, though, confesses that he is not sure if Gillett is as keen to remain on Merseyside.

Arrangements

"George, I think, will be here for the next five years. I can't speak for George," he added.

Meanwhile, Hicks has assured Liverpool fans that arrangements for a new stadium in Stanley Park have not been shelved, although a date has not been set for construction either.

Planning permission and designs have been agreed, but the project has been put on hold due to the current worldwide economic crisis.

Hicks insists he is still committed to the building process, but the Texas-based businessman confesses he is unable to set a timescale for completion.

"I am hesitant to pick a date because I can't predict the capital markets," he continued.

"It is important for the fans to know that it is still something that we plan to do. We work on it every week.

"It continues to progress. It is not being mothballed. It is going to happen."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum