Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

O'Neill rejects contract reports

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1O'Neill rejects contract reports Empty O'Neill rejects contract reports Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:13 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has played down reports that he has held discussions with the club's hierarchy regarding a new contract.

Rumours had suggested that the former Celtic boss, who took up the Villa Park hot-seat in 2006, has been talks with owner Randy Lerner.

O'Neill is currently on a 12-month rolling deal and it had been suggested that agreement could change, but the Irishman insists that is not the case.

He said: "I've not spoken to Randy in two-and-a-half years about a contract, nor have I had the need to do so.

"I don't know where the story came from. There's definitely nothing in it.

"I've never discussed a contract since the day I arrived and signed."

Meanwhile, O'Neill is unable to shed light on suggestions that the Football Association consider him a strong candidate to eventually succeed England boss Fabio Capello.

He said: "I don't know anything about the report. I can't prevent anything being written - other than something libellous."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum