Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

J.R., Bischoff & Kevin Nash Comment On Test's Passing

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Eric Bischoff on Andrew "Test" Martin to The Daytona Beach News-Journal: "Being only 33 years old, it's another unfortunate incident. He obviously had challenges with addiction. We were friendly, (but) he had a different group of friends as we had an age difference. I did spend a fair amount of time with him (overseas trips, etc.). He was always first-class, very cordial and a polite, professional guy. I never saw any evidence of substance abuse until about a year and a half ago. All the time before that he was always sober and professional."

Kevin Nash on Test to The Datona Beach News-Journal: "We were really close. I helped him get into rehab. WWE picked up the dollar and helped him through rehab. Andrew went in. He was doing really well, making his meetings. He went over and worked in Japan (recently). He was in that 'not as busy as you once were' routine. We don't know the cause of death, and I would hate to speculate. The combination of muscle relaxers and pain pills are lethal. He was a great guy. I kind of looked at him like a little brother. I considered him one of my better friends. He was a big guy. He was a bud."

Jim Ross on Test at JRsBarBQ.com: Late last night I received word that Andrew Martin aka Test had been found dead in his apartment/condo in the Tampa, Florida area. Andrew would have been 34 years of age this Tuesday.

I hired Andrew in the same class with his other fellow Canadians Edge and Christian in the late 90's in an outstanding group of young talent whose advanced training was over seen by future WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk and by Tom Prichard.

Andrew left WWE over two years ago and had wrestled off and on, briefly in TNA, and also on the independent circuit primarily on international tours. I spoke at length with Andrew, as did my wife, last year in Orlando at Wrestlemania 24 and he seemed very happy and looked to be healthy and in great physical condition. He spoke of his real estate endeavors and the fact that he was strongly considering going back to school and becoming accredited as a physical therapist. Andrew had done well in WWE, saved his money, made some good investments, and told me he only wanted to wrestle when "he wanted to" which the randomly scheduled international tours would allow him to do. He did not express interest in the American indy scene and was genuinely excited about the prospects of the aforementioned physical therapy career...Continued

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum