Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roque targets Rovers return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Roque targets Rovers return Empty Roque targets Rovers return Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:02 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz is eyeing a return to action in their next outing in the Premier League.

Santa Cruz has been out of action since the draw with Everton on 4th March as he struggles with tendinitis in his knees.

The former Bayern Munich star has been forced to withdraw from the Paraguay squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Ecuador in the next week due to the injury.

Santa Cruz insists his fitness is progressing well and he is targeting the clash with Tottenham on 4th April for his comeback to aid Blackburn's fight to stay up.

"It is going better, I have been working hard in the gym to get the strength back to the leg and I have been playing a lot with pain in my knees," Santa Cruz told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

"Now that is getting really good and hopefully I can get back to 100 per cent in the next game.

"The idea is to be fit for the Tottenham game. That is why I have not been involved and why me, the club and Paraguay decided not to travel to the international games so I can concentrate on the rehabilitation."

Frustrating

Santa Cruz admitted it has been tough being forced to sit on the sidelines as his team-mates look to secure their Premier League survival.

"Of course it has been frustrating. It has always been hard not to play, especially when we need everyone ready for the situation we are in," added Santa Cruz.

"I am desperate to play these games and to do my best to help Blackburn stay up and that is why I am focused on getting my rehabilitation right so that I can get fit and play at top form."

Santa Cruz has also called on his team-mates to put results before performances as they look to climb out of trouble.

"We have had enough performances where we should be winning games so now is the time to get the points whatever," he added.

"We just need to keep working the same."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum