Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Huddlestone left in limbo

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Huddlestone left in limbo Empty Huddlestone left in limbo Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:33 pm

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Tom Huddlestone has admitted that he does not know where he stands at Tottenham having not started a Premier League game since Boxing Day.

In fact since then the midfielder has made just four starts in all competitions despite starting eight out of manager Harry Redknapp's first ten games in charge.

The regular England Under 21 international was tipped for big things as a youngster at Derby but over the past few seasons his career seems to have hit a stumbling block.

After being forced to go on a strict diet when ex-boss Juande Ramos took over in October 2007, the 22-year-old had appeared to have established himself at White Hart Lane.

However, after the expensive arrival of Wilson Palacios from Wigan in January, and the club subsequently hitting top form, Huddlestone may have to move in order to find first-team football.

Uncertain future
"It is difficult to say what the future might hold," he revealed.

"Maybe the manager will bring a few new players in and get rid of a few and it might coincide with me not playing at the minute.

"I want to fight for my place, but the last game I played for Tottenham was in the reserves and I did not go there to play in the reserves so it is just a case of seeing what happens between now and the end of the season.

"Nothing has been said to me and I am not playing, so I am in a difficult situation. I have just got to focus on staying fit and taking my chance if it comes.

"The lads are on fire at the minute so it's not likely the chance will be in the near future."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum