Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wenger has a job for life

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wenger has a job for life Empty Wenger has a job for life Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:37 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Arsenal's new chief executive Ivan Gazidis has told manager Arsene Wenger that he has a job for life at the club.

The vastly-experienced French tactician has been at the Gunners' helm since September 1996 after replacing Bruce Rioch.

Although Wenger is under pressure to deliver silverware as the club are currently in a four-year barren run without a major trophy after lifting the FA Cup in May 2005.

However, Gazidis has no qualms with Wenger's recent record and says the 59-year-old can continue working at the club for as long as his heart desires.

Motivation

"I'd like Arsene to stay for as long as he has the motivation to do the job - and I don't see any dimming on his part," Gazidis told The People.

"He believes in the project. He's built a superb team of young players with great characters and real quality. I think that he will want to see that through.

"Arsene is one of the best managers in the world and I cannot imagine a situation where he would want to walk away from Arsenal.

"It is difficult for me to imagine him not being the manager. Arsene's identity and the identity of the club are intertwined."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum