You are not connected. Please login or register

Benitez's backroom agree stays

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Benitez's backroom agree stays on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:56 am

Five members of Liverpool's backroom staff have followed Rafa Benitez's lead and have signed long-term deals at Anfield.

Benitez ended months of controversy by recently penning a five-year deal on Merseyside, concluding speculation he was set to quit the Reds in the summer.

And now assistant boss Sammy Lee, first-team coach Mauricio Pellegrino, goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero, fitness coach Paco de Miguel and chief scout Eduardo Macia have agreed contract extensions which will keep them with Liverpool for at least an additional two years.

When holding negotiations regarding his own future, Benitez stated that he was eager for his colleagues to also be offered assurances and the Spaniard is delighted with the outcome.

"I said when I signed my own deal recently that it was a priority to sort out the future of the technical staff," said the former Valencia boss.

"We work extremely well as a team, and continuity is essential if we are to build on the progress we have made this season and move the club further forward.

"I'm delighted we have been able to sort out the contracts."

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum