You are not connected. Please login or register

Wenger cool over Ade call-up

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wenger cool over Ade call-up on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:56 am

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has insisted he has 'no problem' with Emmanuel Adebayor's call-up to the Togo squad.

Togo head coach Jean Thissen has included the towering striker in his side for Saturday's World Cup qualifier against Cameroon.

Adebayor has been sidelined with a hamstring injury since February, and it was thought that his possible participation for Togo could rile Wenger ahead of a congested run-in.

But the French coach has stressed that there is no club versus country rift, and feels his involvement could actually benefit the Gunners.

"Adebayor has gone away with Togo. Will he play or not? He will have tests. For us, he was ready to play," Wenger told the club's official website.

"Ideally it is good for us and for him to have a game. There is no problem.

"I had a meeting with their manager and we knew he would be ready for this weekend, whether it was for us or for Togo."

Adebayor added: "It is not an issue at all.

Permission
"My boss Arsene Wenger gave me the permission to come here to play for my country and if I did not have his blessing I would not be here."

Gunners playmaker Tomas Rosicky, meanwhile, remains hopeful of making some sort of contribution before the end of the campaign.

The Czech international has not featured for Arsenal since January 2008 because of a complicated tendon injury which needed two surgeries.

However, the midfielder is confident his rehabilitation will soon come to an end - after admitting: "I had thoughts I would never play again."

Rosicky
Rosicky, 28, said: "I am much better. The bad things are behind me, there were times when I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I would two steps forwards and three back.

"I now have a groin injury, but after the long-term problems with my knee, which was a very rare injury, I know it will be all right because I was already doing almost everything on the pitch."

Rosicky added: "I am happy I am at the end now and can say that I am boiling inside to play again. I cannot wait."

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum