Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UFC 99: The Comeback Announces Five Official Bouts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

With tickets currently on sale for the UFC's first trip to Germany, five bouts are now official for UFC 99.

Originally announced as "UFC 99: The Comeback," the UFC's official website is now referring to the event as "Franklin vs. Silva" in honor of the evening's main-event competitors Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva.

UFC 99 take place June 13 at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany.

In addition to the already announced 195-pound catchweight fight between Franklin and Silva, the UFC recently posted four additional bouts on its official website.

Two welterweight tilts, one between undefeated "The Ultimate Fighter 6" cast member Ben Saunders (7-0-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and the ever-popular Mike Swick, and another, more-heated exchange between the feuding Marcus Davis (16-4 MMA, 8-1 UFC) and Dan Hardy (21-6 MMA, 2-0 UFC), are tentatively scheduled for the evening's main card.

Davis and Hardy have been involved in a war of words in the weeks following UFC 95, and the "The Irish Hand Grenade" recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he was hoping for things to work out exactly as announced.

"I went up to (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and I said, 'Joe, make this fight,'" Davis said. "I want this fight. [Hardy] is running his mouth.

"I don't want to fight him in London or England. I don't want that because I'm always the freaking bad guy there. I'm always beating these guys that are from that area. And he doesn't want to fight me in the U.S. or Ireland, so let's do it in Germany. If I could choose, that's where I'd want it to happen."

A lightweight scrap between German-native Dennis Siver (13-6 MMA, 2-3 UFC) and Dale Hartt (6-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and a heavyweight contest between Europeans Denis Stojnic (5-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Stefan Struve (16-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) are currently being listed on the night's preliminary festivities.

The night's full card now includes:

MAIN CARD (televised)

* Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva
* Ben Saunders vs. Mike Swick
* Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy
* Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno*
* Heath Herring vs. Cain Velasquez*

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-televised)

* Dale Hartt vs. Denis Siver
* Denis Stojnic vs. Stefan Struve
* Justin Buchholz vs. Terry Etim*
* Mustapha al Turk vs. Todd Duffee*