Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inter have the edge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inter have the edge Empty Inter have the edge Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 am

dan94adibi

dan94adibi

Jose Mourinho believes Inter Milan hold a slight advantage heading into the second leg of their UEFA Champions League encounter against Manchester United.

The two sides enter the game all square following the first instalment of their last-16 clash, with a goalless draw played out at Giuseppe Meazza a fortnight ago.

That scoreline ensures Wednesday's meeting at Old Trafford has now become an all-or-nothing contest.

United will be wary of conceding an away goal, which could see them crash out, while Inter know a score draw would be enough to see them into the quarter-finals.

"They will be disappointed not to have scored in the first half, but we were disappointed not to score in the second half," said Inter boss Mourinho ahead of his imminent return to English soil.

"Probably they thought they could get a better result, because 0-0 away from home is not a very good result. It is a result which leaves lots of question marks.

"We were disappointed as well as a draw at home is never a good result. It was a game of frustration for both sides.

Positive
He added: "In my mind it was a good result for the side that plays the second leg away. It is not a result that puts someone in a better position.

"If we win we go through, if we daw with goals we go through. The difference between these situations is very small."

Mourinho has nothing but respect for a United side who are the current holders of European football's top prize, but believes his squad are capable of knocking Sir Alex Ferguson's men off their perch.

"Everyone is talking about how Inter always go out in the 16, but I prefer to see things a different way," he said.

"I want to see the possibility of Inter knocking out Manchester United. I want to get that across to my players.

"They are a top team with lots of options. They are very well organised in defence, they do not concede many, and in attack they have a group of incredible strikers. They have many options.

"They are never predictable but we have to adapt to what they bring. I think they know the game is going to be very difficult for them."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum